I’m on a rampage lately about romantic weekends, as you may have noticed. I’m always up for a weekend away, but especially during the summer. To me, summers mean travel, even if it’s not very far. However, sometimes the away part of a getaway just isn’t feasible, either financially or logistically. But that doesn’t mean you can’t work out some ways to have a romantic weekend in your own home.
It just takes a little creativity.
I’ve been becoming addicted to Leo Babauta’s ZenHabits.net and found some really cool ideas for romantic weekends at home in his post called “50 Ways to Be Romantic on the Cheap.” They’re not necessarily ideas for romantic weekends at home, but a lot of his ideas would work beautifully for that purpose.
Here are a few that really jumped out at me:
- Cook a romantic dinner. (If you have kids, feed them first and eat yours by candlelight after they go to bed.)
- Give each other full body massages.
- Read each other some poetry.
- Burn a love song CD with songs that have significance to both of you. (Then slow dance!)
- Have a sunset picnic on the deck or in the back yard.
- Watch shooting stars with a good bottle of wine.
- Bring home some really good take-out and eat it by candlelight.
- Make out on the couch.
- Take a nap together.
- Recreate your partner’s favorite romantic scene.
Check out the article for yourself to get your creative ideas flowing. I’d love to hear what you come up with, too!